The INSTITUTE OF EKISTICS has been founded in 2016 by the students of Master’s of Ekistics program in Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, India. The institute was registered under “The Societies Registration Act 1860” at Delhi on 17th day of November 2017.
An Educational Society branched to all directions of India to establish the foundation of Ekistics for the betterment of Human Settlement.
• To promote and foster education and research in the subjects related with the
system of human settlements with special emphasis on the development of
Ekistics and to assist its teachings in various aspects.
• To promote and emphasize the human developmental process towards the roads of system-efficiency and sustainability.
• To conduct workshops, seminars, conferences, time bound courses, delivery of lectures, papers, exhibitions etc, for developing the understanding of the subject of Ekistics and human settlements both on national & global level.
• To conduct citizen engagement programs and courses for spreading awareness about the types and significance of citizen’s participation in making human settlements more interactive, efficient and productive.
• To form or acquire through purchase, donation, etc, a collection of library of books, researches, maps, drawings, policy documents, world reports, etc, and to extend it from time to time in order to provide a medium for the fraternity assisting them for their related initiatives and development of knowledge.
• To engage in live projects and accomplishing them on the platforms of Ekistics and its relevant branches of human settlement in order to help in the process of recovery of the degraded human settlements of modern age.
• To expand the canvas size of perception about human development and their
settlements amongst the individuals and societies.
• To publish reports, researches, statistical reports, professional reports,
development reports, etc, through online platform and also in print to engage the fraternity for discussions related to Ekistics and Human Settlements.
• To engage in activities which are/would be flexible in nature which will support and help in the progress of the vision and the objectives mentioned herewith.